View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #540
COtter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
On early starts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyala View Post
The day was a bit chilly and overcast at first. I took the time to heat up a can of soup for breakfast, and was joined by a new friend:

I packed up and headed out around noonish. Someday I will get better at early starts! I made my way back along Jerry Flats, which was a bit busier this time of day. I saw a couple of deer, which inspired me to take my time and pay more attention, which I didn't mind at all, there were some gorgeous views that I wasn't able to admire as well the previous evening.

I've never been much of an early riser. On a long trip I left my motel in Nevada around 10am. While riding I noticed lots of red smears on the road. Later that day I stopped for gas and happened across some riders I had met a few days earlier. They told me a couple riders had gone down around 7:30am due to bugs that covered the blacktop. Plows were called out to clear the bugs off the road. I was glad I had not had an early start that day... So now I think it is okay when I take my time in the morning. I'm really enjoying your RR...camping alone...I have not done that yet...you are courageous.
COtter is offline   Reply With Quote