View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #19
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,643
He said the "needle jet" fell out. The "jet needle" is held in place by a clip. Notice in the former it is a "jet" the modifier being needle so it's not confused with the main jet. And in the later it is a needle the modifier being jet so it is not confused with the "float needle" or something else.

The atomizer and the needle jet are held in place by the venturi. Sometimes the atomizer will fall out and sometimes it is stuck because it is bent. They are very thin.

Notice the venturi in some parts micro-fiche pictures does not seem to have an O-ring;

In the above picture there is no O-ring shown on the venturi. But there is an O-ring shown on the idle mixture screw and in the blub for these parts (not shown at all in my reproduction) there are two part numbers for #13. One is the idle mix O-ring. The other is the venturi O-ring.

I had weird symptoms until I figured this out because my favorite parts guy told me there was no O-ring on the venturi. There is an O-ring on the venturi and now he knows also.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341

disston screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 09:22 AM
disston is offline   Reply With Quote