View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #478
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpiner84 View Post
That is definitely NOT and option for this girl. I can't even begin to imagine how uncomfortable that would be, not just going over speedbumps and the like, but with boob sweat and all (suddenly noticed the lack of any large-racked smilies on this website!)

I'm not a commando girl, either, but I don't buy any high-end undies for my travels, just a couple pair of normal cotton ones. I do, however, make sure they're cute because with all the not shaving, infrequent showering, and general lack of maintenance I feel like I need something to make me feel pretty at the end of the day. Cute undies and black eyeliner does the job just fine

I agree with you on the other points, however! Traveling as a woman does not have to be such a high-maintenance ordeal!
I can't image anything more likely to spoil a ride than bouncing over the less than pristine roads I tend to encounter. Though I prefer microfiber undies, they are less likely to end with monkey butt than cotton. Since much of my riding is in humid east Texas anything that wicks moisture away is a good thing. Plus the wicking coolmax shirts take practically no room in the bike and for winter riding the wicking the thermal shirts are only slightly more bulky.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote