View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #58
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,130
I just don't get the comparison of this to something like the Stadler suit. The Sahara is no different than any other non waterproof jacket that you add a waterproof outer to. Why not add every other non waterproof jacket to the list comparing it to the Stadler suit?

What the Stadler suit offers is 100% integration between the two and a package deal. This, in itself is appealing to some, because some despise flapping in the wind (me). Something most bulky, clunky rain suits excel at Part of what you're buying is Goretex Proshell and lifetime warranty. The other part is world renowned tailoring and build quality, with a 10year manufacturer warranty. On top of that, the GoreTex outer is 500d cordura, so you get another highly abrasion resistant layer.

I'm not arguing for one or the other, I just think there is a fair amount of ignorance around what a suit like the Stadler is accomplishing and where it comes from. Touratech put their name on it, but it's a slightly modified EVO Concept, that Stadler has been making for awhile now. It's hardly equal to a non waterproof jacket that you throw an ill fitting cheapo waterproof jacket over. It's just not the same thing.

I might try out the Sahara, but not because its a worthy option to Stadler. They just aren't the same thing is all.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote