View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
airspro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenduddhist View Post
Looking at buying an enclosed trailer to haul my 2007 Goldwing with Hannigan GTL Sidecar. Has anyone done this before? I have a flat bed trailer I could use, but am thinking about buying an enclosed trailer. There are many options ranging from a regular cargo trailer to a lower profile motorcycle specfic trailer to a car hauler.

Also, not exactly sure what width I would need, but it looks like I will need an 8.5 foot. Thinking 12 foot to 16 foot in length.

We like to trailer a bike to a certain location, say, Bozeman, MT., and then park the truck/trailer for a couple of days while we explore the surrounding area, staying at various motels and towns. Then we pack up and drive to another state or region, park and do it again. Makes for a great "home base" in case of bad weather.

Would appreciate any comments, suggestions, opinions, wisecracks or bad jokes...

Thanks,

Chris
To a spot like this ?

Here's what I use ( don't have a sidecar yet ) A 24Ft Kaddy Kruiser .
http://www.rvingplanet.com/brands/ka...avel-trailers/

Here it is at Houghton Lake , Michigan North Shore Campground .

Most times we overnight in these types of campgrounds , ha >

Anyway I got the trailer with the idea of having a hack on my bike . I have talked to Claude and he told me about the Hanagian Classic and that's my plan atm . The back door is a bit over 7 feet wide . So far have not had the pleasure to get a rig inside trailer "yet" . I can say with a rear garage the smell stays in the back , and the front is for living and no motorcycle smells . I run a Honda generator inside the garage with a add on high proformace fan in the ceiling so can have run the elect mornings for coffee and toast without opening the back door with no problems .

Our plan is taking this in 3 years all over the country and staying for weeks at a time and using it as you said as a "base camp" .

Hope this might help .
best
spro

PS: Anyone chime in on total width of rigs would be nice . Can't think that they would be wider than the present door ?
airspro is offline   Reply With Quote