View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #1353
nbrooks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Custom Filter Installed on Bike

One more pic of the filter installed on the bike. If you click on the pic it will take you to my photobucket page where you can view the full pic and use the zoom feature if you would like. I have not found a better was to post pics off my camera onto the forum. So if anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know. I did add an aditional bead of siliconearound the edges of the outside of the filter to add a bit more confidence in the filter. I had also ordered an additional stock filter prior to cutting up the one I had, just in case things went wrong, I would still have a filter to use. Overall I am happy with the way the filter turned out. I thought it was quite entertaining for someone to assume I photoshopped the filter, just did not anticipate that one. What would be in that for me? Besides I am not that good with a computer. I came up with an idea due to lack of an aftermarket filter, I tried it, and then shared my results. That's what forums are for. I may be a Noob to this site, but I have had Motorcycles and ATVs for the the past 25 yrs. I always find myself taking things appart to see how they work or to "improve" them . Sometimes it works in my favor and sometimes I end up creating a lot more work for myself. I have put 1000 miles on my CRF in the last two months, mostly riding in the desert of Utah and Arizona. I have really enjoyed the bike and the mods I have made have really opened the bike up. FYI the bulk foam from Uni was about $12 and came with enough foam to cover this filter area about four times, so plenty.
nbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote