View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #6220
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky TFS View Post
Well DAMN , I knew it was real easy when I did it 6 months ago, and the little magnifying glass differentiates these from shortcuts. I still have the fuel services icon and it works fine,but I haven't done a master reset recently.

I assume it will dissapear as soon as I do.

MONTANA BETA, ARE YOU READING ME? CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
UPDATE: There isn't an issue. Seems that if you place the App Icon on a Menu Page or in your Favorites Dashboard, you won't see that App offered if you try an place it in the same area (page/dashboard).

Better to send an Feature Request to the Montana Team

Master Reset will not change your Profiles nor should future updates change these "App calls". All of the Montana Apps are defined in the "lookup tables" internal to the Montana code (that's how "lookup tables" work). Just because the Dev Team has changed the list of Apps they show us in this Where To? list does not change the previously defined Apps #'s. Hence, Fuel Services should always be #66 in the "lookup table". IF, they were to completely remove the App (feature) from the Montana then the App# would no longer work (or would call some other App) but that is really a poor way to do business with PND's so I don't think we'll see any of that (I hope not anyway).

Anyway, messing around with what # is called in a Profile really can't do much harm to the Montana. Just make sure you Backup all of your personal data (Profiles, Shortcuts, etc).

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com

DRTBYK screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 02:20 PM
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote