View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #61
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
The previous post is exactly how I've been thinking about it, so I won't repeat it all like I did last time :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
What the Stadler suit offers is 100% integration between the two and a package deal. This, in itself is appealing to some, because some despise flapping in the wind (me). Something most bulky, clunky rain suits excel at Part of what you're buying is Goretex Proshell and lifetime warranty. The other part is world renowned tailoring and build quality, with a 10year manufacturer warranty. On top of that, the GoreTex outer is 500d cordura, so you get another highly abrasion resistant layer.
All true. This really helps comparing the 2 suits and deciding what's essential - thanks for contributing to the discussion. Thanks for pointing out the integration. I have tried it on the Companero/Concept and was really impressed with it. (In-store, not on the bike, so I'm still talking 50% out of my @ss I suppose :).) And you have a point about flapping in the wind - I'll have to give that further thought as I look for a rainshell. The 10y warranty is indeed a valuable thing I'd completely forgotten about. I was aware that it's a Stadler suit - that is the main reason why I've been seeing the Companero as a reference point and a holy grail. And the reason why I have brought it up repeatedly in this thread.

I'm looking for a solution that has the elements of the design that are essential for me at a price that my bank account can support - and from that point of view (not caring so much about the quality goretex layer, though I respect its value, and my funds being what they are), I think I may be at home in the Sahara market segment, as described in the previous post.
kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote