View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #831
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,573
I went to the motocross track today to see some action as did this KTM enthusiast:

KTM ruled the midget classes in 50cc and 65cc. Here is a kid ripping it up on a KTM catching a little air:

Ratbike mike, Julie, and Chris from CA tours at the races:

Julie sold her CRF230L in Georgia before coming down here last May and thought bikes would be cheaper down in Guatemala. Hah! She is looking at a Super Sherpa on Craigslist in Georgia. It would be the perfect bike for her.

This XR650R would be a fun bike in Guatemala:

The 250s lining up at the start. Notice the Sherpa over to the right just drooling to have a crack at this track:

A local gringo Frenchy took his DR200 out in between races and broke a spoke so probably better that I held back. The Sherpa needs to make it to South America. No need to wad it up.

Nobody could catch this Honda in the 450 class:

In between races it was time for bistec and tortillas:

Families around the world love to come watch their kids tear it up at the track:

Reminded me of the movie "On Any Sunday". Howling exhaust notes mixed with thumping rock and roll music coming from giant speakers was a nice combo.

The 650 race was especially fun to watch. Nobody was going to catch the guy on the XR650R, but the battle for second place between the Yamaha and KTM came down to the wire with the KTM nosing out the Yamaha in the air on the final jump across the finish line to a cheer from the crowd.

Really fun way to spend a sunny afternoon near Antigua.

I just checked the Nebraska department of roads weather cam near Bassett and it is reporting 28 mph sustained winds from the north, current temp 4F, snow forecast tonight. Yikes! No big hurry to get back there anytime soon.

I spent 105 quetzales ($13.65) today on food and lodging.

Buenos noches,
Juanito