View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #43
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
Ok Ben

I wanted a "flowy" in the boot pant for hot summer riding and trials. Looks like the Colorado pant has more ventilation than my Klims so I'll look at it harder.

Thanks
Garrett
PS
Noticed my post above said "condering"...stupid autocorrect.... What IS condering?
I am not sure which would cool "better" in terms of air flow, but the nice thing about the Colorado Pant is you can completely control the amount of air, and thus cooling. It uses equally sized front and back vents, which is really important because you have to be able to exhaust the same amount of incoming air, otherwise they are not as efficient in cooling. Very few pants have rear vents and especially rear vents of any meaningful size.

The direction of the Colorado Pant vents is critical to cooling as well, they are positioned so they slant from the outside of the knee to the middle of your torso, most pants just place the vent on on the outside of the leg. What this does is force all the the air to go OVER your leg, as opposed to AROUND your leg, and ultimately across the core of your body (or apex, especially important to cool men if you catch my meaning).

If you decide to give them a try and have any problems with shipping to to the frozen north on the website let me know.

Thanks for the interest,
ben

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote