Thread: Harley Demo Day
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,211
It's funny how different people have different experiences with the same bikes. 2 years ago I decided to go bike shopping. Being a huge fan of the old "standard" bikes I decided that I NEEDED a Bonnie. I went to a local shop and test rode one. I came away very disappointed in how bland the bike felt. I wanted to have a love affair with this bike but it was so uninspiring to ride I just couldn't see myself owning one. A few days later my girlfriend says to me "Why don't you go look at a Harley?". I kind of chuckled at the idea but decided to go check one out anyway. The only HD that has ever interested me is the Sportster but I just couldn't imagine owning a Harley for various reasons. I went to the dealer and after a brief ride around the parking lot I knew that it was going to be my bike...I didn't even bother finishing the test ride. I can't explain it but the damn thing just puts a big ass grin on my face every time I ride it. I now own 2 of them.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond

Ginger Beard screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 12:50 PM
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote