View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #134
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct_rider View Post
I know a lot of riders travel a long way to ride the Sandblast Rally and might want to take advantage of some additional riding while in SC. I am planning on riding the Sandblast again this year and have been debating riding the Sandlapper National Enduro on Sunday immediately following the rally. I have ridden this enduro the last 5 or 6 years and it is a really fun event that has always been well organized. The Sandlapper is held in Salley, SC which is about 120 miles south west of Cheraw.

Is anyone interested in registering together for the enduro so we could be on the same row? Registration opens on December 19th at 8pm and generally fills up quickly. The only bike requirement is you need to have a spark arrestor, so throw your woods bike in the truck with the rally bike.

It would be an early morning on Sunday but who doesn't want to get another ~65 miles of sand riding in?

Ken
Last year I did the SB Rally on Saturday and got in the RV immediately after the awards banquet and headed for Augusta, GA for a SORCS Hare Scramble the next day in sand, was one of the best racing weekends I've ever had. However taking on an Enduro the day after the SB would be a bit more taxing and depending on your key time could be a bit hard if you care to hang out at all for the awards dinner at SB, if not then time shouldn't be a big issue.

I've committed to the 1st national enduro at the Cherokee in Greensboro, GA on Feb 16th but don't like the idea of commiting to those 3-4 months in advance or entry being closed there after due to fully booked. Might consider the Sandlapper but have a few days to mull it over.