View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #152
TeneRay
2>4

Oddometer: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoornate65 View Post
So I've been shopping around the local dealerships for my next bike (have only bought one new bike in the past) and I'm getting pretty frustrated with the dealer BS.

How is it that there are such varied numbers when it comes to dealer "costs"?

For example:

One local dealer quoted me a decent price for a 2012 bike I'm considering and said their dealer costs were $109.

I went to another dealer, still here in Denver, and he wouldn't quote me a price and wanted over $600 in "dealer costs"!! WTF??

So for those of you that have been around the block a few times, what should I "reasonably" expect to pay in fees and what sort of mark-downs from MSRP should I be looking for on left-over 2012 models? Talking about a $6000 bike....not some $17,000 KTM.

Thanks,

Nate
Go to Apex in the Springs. By far the best dealership I've ever dealt with. The parts counter is a different story. Gary, the tire guy, is a great guy and great help when you go to buy tires.

Denver dealerships are a bunch of overpriced tools.

If you have cash, make them aware. Quote "out the door" and tax included for your county/city/area. Don't be afraid to walk. You have the advantage this time of year.
TeneRay is offline   Reply With Quote