View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #33
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
I've never considered putting on a stabilizer. The bike doesn't need it if properly maintained. As for the rear loading side of the equation, I refuse to install a top box of any sort but stick with the standard BMW side cases. I will put my tent/sleeping bag over the top rack but that's about it. I like the thought of a clear exit path behind me in the event that I have to lay 'er down...
My set up is soft luggage with very small waterproof and powered top box, no tank bag. The bike came with BMW side cases but not expecting they'll see much action. I mostly travel light except when I don't

I'm not actively shopping for stabilizer but have found them pleasant additions on some bikes - perhaps somewhat safer as seems to reduce odds of bitch slap even if maintenance is off schedule a bit. Might help on days like Sandblast too (I have airhead rallye wants if not skillz. )

We'll see what happens / where this beautiful beast takes me and how I treat her, we're just getting to know each other at this point.
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote