View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #2
rodmuzwa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Great ride as always. The Shinkos held up well and were much better on the gravel than my old TWs. Still, I need lessons and advice on how to corner on the slippery stuff without killing myself or anyone else. Always feel like the front wheel is going to continue going straight when I turn in. Anyway, I am a bit faster than I was and was much more prepared for the gravel wiggle.

Now onto Brian, the Gravel Speedmeister. He was off. I lost sight of him almost immediately and only caught up when he stopped. A new pair of boots and he thinks he is Barry Sheen (olden day British bike racer and general all round playboy for all you youngsters). Fair play to him, his confidence on gravel must have soared when trying out some tyres with tread left on them and his superior ability left me in his dust. There is something about gravel that makes me want to do it again and again although when I get on it I am scared shitless!

Anyway, and amazing ride again. Love riding in Western Australia and love my Wee:

The Shinko twins overlooking Pinjarra and the Peel Estuary:

The Gravelmaster himself on his newly shod GSA:

View over Alcoa plant and out towards the Indian Ocean from North Spur Road:

Me and my Wee, and Brian's GSpot at the end of Scarp Road, very relieved to have survived it again! Beneath that cool exterior lies a crumbling wreck:

rodmuzwa screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 05:24 AM
rodmuzwa is offline   Reply With Quote