View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #1902
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmadura View Post
I just read that MSRP will be around 19,500 here in the US. Can that be true?
That's a lot of cash, especially considering the 990 was a good 5K less. I was really stoked about this bike,
but for 20 large, I'm FAR less enthused. Crap.

I was planning on buying one of these as a 50th birthday gift to myself, selling off my pristine Triumph Tiger 955. I planned to use it as a Adventure-Touring bike (I have a KLR 650 slow-poke for the dirt), but for the projected 20K, I could buy either a 1200GS Adventure or a Triumph Trophy and have a really great road bike.

I love the idea of light weight and big power, but for the same money, the Trophy would be a far more enjoyable bike on big expeditions. I feel the 1190 is too big to use as a real off-roader, just as the Triumph Explorer and GS1200 are. The Triumph triple is hard to argue with. If the 1190 came in around $16k, I could see the value, but @ 20k, no way.

Looks like the 955 Tiger will soldier on for a while longer.........

What are some other thoughts?
I would agree with you, as I also have an 06 955 and it's my "for life" bike. I don't think I want to stretch that far financially, especially when there are so many other options out there to fill a "want", not necessarily a "need". Think of all the used bikes you could buy with $20000, or even a combination of used and new. Heck, you could pick up a used Tenere or Multi, AND a used DR or DRZ and still have thousands in your pocket. The options are endless.
I hope this price is incorrect. I would buy for around $17000 and under. Here's to hoping!
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote