View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
Garbln
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
I'm 67 and have a stable of bikes, 2003 Kawi Vulcan 1600, 76 R90/6, 76 R75/6, 77 Yamaha XS 650, 73 Triumph Tiger, and a 70 Guzzi Ambo basket case. I ride the 2003 Vulcan the least, it's low so I can flat foot it, newer so it's reliable, and a pig at slow speeds. I only keep it to go on long trips or if my wife want's to go for a ride. The rest are smaller, easier to handle, and more fun. As far as getting a newer bike so I don't have to work on it, forget it! What else have I got to do? That's what keeps me busy all winter, preparing for summer riding. And if one craps out during riding season I have others to ride til I can get it back going. Right now I feel I could hop on any one of my bikes and go anyplace in the country, without a second thought. Well not the Guzzi as thats still in process. Anyway when you retire you need something to occupy your mind, body, and time. For me that's my older bikes, fishing, and shooting. I don't have enough time to devote to all my hobby's and keep the wife happy too! Poor me!
Garbln is offline   Reply With Quote