View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 748
contact CJDesigns/dual Sport warehouse. He/they make a spacer/rotor adapter for the front wheel. Haven't figured out what you need for the rear, maybe it bolts right up?

from the reading I've done it sounds like you use the stock 300mm rotor on the SE on the SD wheels (with his adapter), so no need for a caliper relocation bracket and such. stock caliper, etc.

I am going to start looking into a 17"/17" setup in the very near future as I plan to take my SE on the track in the southeast soon (I sometimes help instruct the novice group with a local track day org). I understand all about the 17 vs 19" front but for my use (track and mountains) I want the 17" front because of better sport rubber that only comes in 17" sizes.

I have a few wheels around (17", 18", 19" inch rear and 20", 21" fronts) for my 450 so might just throw a few things on the SE one of these days and see what fits. I have a 320mm rotor and relocation bracket for the 450 as well would be curious to see the difference in bolt patterns and spacing as well..

anyway keep us posted on what you find and the costs to mount the SD wheels on the SE. enquiring minds want to know...
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote