View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenws View Post
Thanks so much for all the honest advice and recommendations. I'll spend this winter doing more research on the routes suggested by you guys, and more.

I know I have a lot to learn, and I don't mind some risk. In fact my life has become pretty boring since I stopped climbing and scuba diving. I bought this bike hoping to get a little adventure back into my life. So easy to get caught up in work responsibilities and just the drama of normal life. I'm finding riding to be very addictive and seductive. Can't stop thinking about places to ride and new vistas to see.

May I ask another, simpler question......What time of year would be best to ride around Colorado? I was considering the last two weeks of July.

Again, Thanks to all of you.

Steve

July is fine, I've done it in June, October and September.

If you are interested, here is complete helmet cam footage of me doing Engineer Pass on my F800GS in June 2011. This is from Animas Forks over towards the Lake City side (I've only done it this way, this allows you to come back over Cinnamon Pass from Lake City). The video ends when it becomes an easy dirt road all the way to Lake City, still scenic though!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

If you can do Engineer Pass... you can probably do Cinnamon! Here is helmet cam footage of that

Part 1:

Part 2:
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote