View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #71
Lucky 7 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
A refreshing sleep and a shower outside Boise has us ready for another long day. We were hoping to get to Colorado by nightfall, but we didn't quite make it. Aside from a brief stint on I-80, we stayed off of interstate all day. It was pretty, even if our asses weren't loving us.

Slowly but surely, it was starting look like home:

So long Idaho, you were fast and hot.

Somewhere in here we realized that John's speedo cable had been slowly coming loose. For two days I've been wondering why Granny John was going so damn slow on the highway, but I wasn't in the mood to be the 'hurry up' guy. I figured he was enjoying the last legs of the trip. At some point I commented on the leisurely pace and we realized that he was reading 15mph under speed. So it goes. Speed increases and asphalt continues.

We took a little detour to drive through Flaming Gorge. We didn't have long, but it's pretty cool. The road over the dam was especially cool. It felt like something out of a James Bond movie. I enjoyed it too much to take a picture.

You can see the dam and bridge in the distance:

It was starting to rain and we were looking for a camping spot that didn't seem to present itself when we caught a glimpse of a nice rainbow.

Double rainbow all the way. DOUBLE RAINBOW!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN??!!!

We found a spot just before the weather blew in. It was in some old gravel pit and seemed like a place that the locals came to shoot bottles and do donuts. Oh well, the sky was amazing and we had a nice fire to close out our last night of the trip.

Our last morning. We both woke up itching to get going. We were hoping for some late breakfast in Steamboat.

Look what we found!!

Home again! Colorado, I love ya.

After some great food and some souvenir shopping in Steamboat, we were back in the saddle. Excitement grows as the landscape starts looking more like home.

Lucky 7 screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 06:31 PM
Lucky 7 is offline   Reply With Quote