View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #51
AK Smitty OP
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 300
Antigua Photo Overload

I almost forgot to show the bike at the BMW shop that I may switch to if I keep throwing mine into the woods. I haven't seen the luggage set up yet but I am sure I can travel a little lighter anyway.

And since all 3 of my cases have some significant issues I need a duffle to keep my stuff in for the night. Jose lent me this. It is not BMW OEM. I looked like a damn bum in the BMW shop. Even the security guy chuckled at me.

Antigua is a very nice town and we went a little Gucci on the Hotel but what the hell you only live once. Also since I would be taking Spanish for a few days for 3-4 hours a day we looked for something with a pool so my amiga could get the full effect of being out of AK. It was -5 when she left!!

The place was Qunita de Flores. The people are amazingly nice and the landscaping is like a postcard. Here we go... Antigua slide show

Quinta de Flores-working my photog skilz

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

crazy flower

Me looking all bronzey

The volcano

Antigua
This directly conflicts with my Eddie Bauer and J Crew modeling contract so lets not pass this one around

The pictures of Antigua got a little out of control. We had a little photo contest so there are a lot. Go to smugmug in my signature line at the bottom for more.

I took about 10 hours of Spanish School. I am now fluent! Not really but Allyjandra(sorry about the spelling) was awesome! We had a lot of fun and laughed a bunch. School was as fun as it ever has been. Not including the registration fee it was about 15 bucks a day. I went with Sevilla and would highly recommend them. If I can pull off another big trip I would love to do a minimum of 2 weeks here but 3 or 4 would be great. It really starts to pull things together. Also Antigua is not a bad city to be stuck in. Figure out where the typico food is and eat bfast and lunch for very cheap and then maybe splurge a little on dinner.

Maybe a little more Antigua next then Panajchel