View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #252
backdrifter OP
Wannabe rider

Oddometer: 1,363
fosterb: Thanks for the comments! I enjoy doing the build diary and it's been a great help to me, but I must admit that I enjoy getting responses!

bmwblake: Man, you're not kidding that yours looks familiar. I had to look twice before I realized that that was your photo. I thought you had just replied to one of my photos at first! Actually, I think yours looked a bit worse than mine!

georgesgirlat: Thanks for the comments, and for the friendly reminder! I did indeed block the crank, and as bmwblake suggested, that's what I was trying to show with the first photo. Thanks for the warning though - I'm always grateful for help that could save me from doing something really stupid!

rapid dog: Thanks to you too! I've enjoyed the greasy wrenching aspect of the project, but I'm ready to move on. I can't wait to see the engine in the frame again. I can't even tell you how great I'll feel the day that I finally get to see all of the freshly painted body work mounted on the bike again! Getting closer now!

Really, thanks for all the kind words guys, it really means a lot to me.

I'm stopping by the shop tomorrow to exchange the flywheel bolts for the correct ones, so I should be on the move again soon.

1973 BMW R60/5:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608166
backdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote