View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
K_N_Fodder OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 931
Hey guys -

I'd love to see pictures of throttle "dead zone" mods. Most of what I've read indicates that when the parental speed governor pot is fully engaged the dead zone goes away... apparently not ours. I turned it full on and the throttle still has a significant, if not completely unchanged dead zone. I looked into the throttle on this 2011 bike tonight and it's not obvious to me how to fabricate a throttle stop outside of pretty significant dremel tool action. The throttle is a fairly self contained unit and I'm not seeing how to break it open. So far all I've found is the set screw, two little screws that secure the cover on the hall sensor, and the screw that detaches the hall sensor itself. Lighting in my garage is terrible or I would have taken more pics... this is the throttle unit itself. (Yeah I know... doesn't show anything....)

Edit: Just went and measured "dead zone" from the current ~2/3 throttle position to full on, and it is identical at about 8mm on the grip. Dead zone doesn't seem to change with potentiometer position for us.

Any wisdom would be appreciated :)

Justin

K_N_Fodder screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 10:04 PM
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote