View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #273
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
I find it hard to believe people knocking the heros of the Dakar. The mini isn't a "mini" its just a body on a custom race car...everyone needs a sponsor. It is a 14+ day race and reliability is as big a factor as performance. The guy who wins did it right, the guy who shows up with a badass car that can't finish did it wrong...plain and simple. Speed, power and performance are only one factor in the Dakar. This separates the Dakar from races like the baja races and other shorter rallies (amongst other things like chasing silly waypoints, etc ).

I enjoy Robby as much as the next guy, he is entertaining and good in that he brings more interest in the race for North Americans. I've never quite understodd the US mentality of us versus them... These people aren't racing to represent their country (although having a country sponsor some competitors is a very cool idea, better than handing out money to people who are too lazy to work )..

Just my two cents...23 days until go time
I gather you've never been to Europe when the world cup is on?

Europe is FAR more nationalistic that the US will ever be. Europe meaning all those people up and over there to the left of us.