View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
d_mob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
the chances of problems are very slim. straight down is nogales and you can hit up rio sonora, copper cyn, alamos and such that way.
since your heading out in the summer angle towards zacatecas and the central highlands.
Awesome advice/info. I just flew back and was reading the book a bit more in detail and saw your MEX section. Some great advice in there as well.

Plan now is to leave on/around May 15th'ish. Head down through Nogales. Ultimately end in Bolivia and back. I've been in touch with the Stahlratte and plan to use the for one, if not both crossings. Interestingly enough, as the stars align, I'll be in both Cartagena and Panama City in February and plan to spend a half-day in each researching other options and getting comfortable with the crossing areas. I've spent time in Cartagena before, but it has been years.

Trip coming together nicely. I have a 'dude brunch' on Saturday to discuss with three mates. I'm hoping one or all of them can pull the trigger and at least be a part of the MX/Central America portion.

Thanks for all the advice and PLEASE keep it coming. Specifically, I'm looking for recommended routes that I can replicate.

Cheers,

~ David
d_mob is offline   Reply With Quote