View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
Cmnthead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Laugh Panama

Hey there. I look forward to following your rr. I will be about 11 months behind you. I hope to leave the middle of next November. I am going alone but look forward to meeting other riders along the way.

When you get to Panama I can help you out with storage, paperwork and selling the bike. I have imported several different vehicles into Panama for myself and helped others with the same. I also imported most of my house that i started building in 2000 (ICF). I have a very trustworthy lawyer that can handle all the paperwork. My next trip is on December 31st and it will be my 30th trip to the country since 2006.

If nothing else I can offer you storage for the bike and if you like, a place to hang your hat for a few days in the apartment at my house. I am off the beaten path about 10 minutes East of Las Tablas in the Provence of Los Santos. The beach is called Playa Uverito.

Lots of local places to eat within a 10 minute walk of my shack on the beach. You are out in the open with all the locals. It is not a gated community or a tourist trap.

PM me if you have any other questions or if I can help you out.

All I ask for in return is that you allow me to pick your brain for info on your ride down to help me out with my trip. Ohh.........and one other thing, the rent for the apartment is very steep. We would like any of our guests to purchase any type of home decor or any little accent to leave at our house so that every decoration in it will eventually have a unique story to tell. Hope that is not to steep!

Hope I can help
Thanks and safe travels
Phil

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.. H Thompson
Cmnthead is offline   Reply With Quote