Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #300
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
ASO, and/or Peterhansel(sp) maybe?

That's how I read it anyway.
No doubt about it, I personally thought RG was treated unfairly by the ASO this year, with the whole tyre boost thing.

Those of you on the F5ire hose this year will remember someone's (sorry cant remember who it was) detailed explanation how it all worked and how it could not not possibly affect the engine performance. So I was very surprised to learn that the FIA ruled that he has cheated in June or July this year.

Does anyone have more info on this? Did RG really cheat? I would hope not and think maybe it was a political thing rather than anything else?

Anyway against this backdrop RG's logo US vs Them makes a lot of sense. The rmost of us had read it wrong I think, it was not supposed to be the US vs. the rest. Thats why I keep coming back, crazy rulings like this and the stories like people being DQ'd for being 35 minutes late at the start of an SS make the favourite not necessarily the favourite. It reminds me of my school days when people werent necessairly fairly beaten by the teachers, but we took our stripes with pride having survived it and became heroes despite and as a result of it.