Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #654
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
TITLE 18. CRIMINAL CODE
ARTICLE 3. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON
PART 2. ASSAULTS - C.R.S. 18-3-203 (2012)

A person commits the crime of assault in the second degree if...For a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness, or other physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, a drug, substance, or preparation capable of producing the intended harm.

I'd say yes - caffeine and ex-lax both fit the bill. And unless you knew someone very intimately (like their reactions to said concoction), you could be setting them up for a very bad time. There are people who can't handle caffeine. There are also folks with gastrointestinal issues.

I think the take-away point from this is - don't fuck with people on that level.

Yep. Unless you were a really close friend, I'd be pushing for criminal charges. If you were a really close friend, you wouldn't be after that. As Rob mentioned, people's health issue can make for some very bad consequences with the unknowing administration of any kind of unknown substance.

A betrayal of the most basic trust- the offer/acceptance of a food or beverage, is difficult to fathom.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote