View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #24
Hoonatic Ty OP
TEN660

Oddometer: 96
Photos from the road...

Just before I left my home town of Exmouth, a photo up on the tip of the North West Cape. Vlaming Head Lighthouse.

Set and ready to go...

Heading inland to the Iron Ore mining town of Pannawonica

I made a promise to my mate Doug that I would go into the old town of Wittenoom where he was brought up and put flowers on his mum and dads grave.

The town has been 99% demolished by the West Australian government due to the mining of the cancer causing Asbestos. There are still a couple of hardy locals that won't move. It once had a population of 2500, churches, pub, workers club, shops etc but not any more. It now isn't even a gazetted town due to the health risks. It was strange and eerie, riding around through over grown streets. Doug used to own/run this old cafe before they moved everyone on.

Karijini National Park, I rode through here in total awe, it is a natural wonder world.

Fortescue Falls.

Dales Gorge.

These photos don't do the experience justice, several times I felt so moved by the surrounding environment. Being alone, in your helmet, riding along, feeling quite insignificant!

Unfortunately my GoPro camera footage to get a better view of these areas didn't turn out well, I will amend my amateur camera man ways!

Just got into Broome.

Hoonatic Ty screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 03:20 AM
Hoonatic Ty is offline   Reply With Quote