Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #11952
Road Dust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapinneck View Post
Never been to the Keys, so this summer , instead of a Mexican beach I think we'll head to Key West, taking beach roads as much as possible.
Going to be one of the best rides that you have ever done. Nothing like sitting in the hot Florida sun, unbelievable humidity making it hard to breathe, and bike over heating from all of the stop and go traffic. On a good day you can average 5-10 mph. Just when you think that you are not going to be able to survive it, the afternoon thunder storms come in. You don't have to worry about getting wet. You are already totally soaked from all of the sweating that you were doing.

A real man's ride. Be sure and don't miss the beach roads in Miami. Something that you will never forget. If you time it just right, you can even ride with the Love Bugs.

One of my favorite roads in Florida is Hwy 41 / Hwy 90 between Naples and Miami (not I-75). Every time that I have ridden it, there was not that much traffic and it was not that bad of a ride. Decent "cruiser" road. Relax, take your time and enjoy the wild life. Just don't try to pet the gators.
Road Dust is offline   Reply With Quote