View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #630
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor View Post
My biggest critique of Lorenzo, is that he doesn't really seem to enjoy his achievements.

Oh yes, he celebrates, but it seems hollow somehow. He waves his arms, jumps around and pumps his fist, but it always seems overly contrived or hollow.

I've tried to cheer for him, but something always leaves me feeling flat. He's missing the "it" factor that other riders have hooked me with over the past few decades.
I got a laugh while watching the Phillip Island race where the big news was that it was Stoner's last race on his home turf. Everybody was cheering on Stoner for a goodbye, as well as him winning the race by a mile. The second big news was Lorenzo officially clenching the 2012 title after Dani crashed out, but nobody seemed to care besides him. At the awards ceremony, when the riders were ready to spray each other down with champagne, Casey and Cal kind of looked at each other like "Where the fuck did Jorge go?" And the camera panned down to the paddock where Lorenzo was trying to stage his own celebration party. It seemed to mostly consist of his crew, and even they seemed like they were only excited because they were supposed to be.

I don't have anything against Lorenzo, but he doesn't really excite me either. Lorenzo is like the Al Gore of MotoGP--all the credentials are there, but he's got no personality to back them up.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote