View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #533
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Oddometer: 8,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
I have been in that tunnel.. For me the best time is at 2 am....

I grew up by the beach.. And being a sea goat .. As soon as I'm by a beach I have to get in up to my knees...

I'll never live by a beach again...
My love for mountains is greater..
The high desert is a very close second
I have lived around quite a bit including PA NJ AZ GA MD and a good deal of time in NC.
My folks had taken me to the beach when I was a little guy but never as a teenager.
What started a life long attachment to the beach and a desire to go back again and agian was: In 1976 me and 3 friends went to Frisco on the Outer Banks of NC. (including Bill who you met earlier in this thread in my ride report to the Divide). I walked out onto the beach, in the early hours of the morning, with a quart of beer in my hand and was completely blown away. A sublime moment that I have been trying to recapture every year since. I've never quite succeeded, but got damn close.

This trip that I'm documenting here was more somber. I was there to show my respects as we committed the ashes of my friends Mom to the sea in a special location. She was a second Mom to me. She loaned us her car to make the trip to Hatteras 37 years ago. RIP MOM

Almost 40 years, and me and those 3 guys are still family. The kind of Family you choose!! Love you guys.

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 02:26 PM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote