View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #533
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
I have been in that tunnel.. For me the best time is at 2 am....

I grew up by the beach.. And being a sea goat .. As soon as I'm by a beach I have to get in up to my knees...

I'll never live by a beach again...
My love for mountains is greater..
The high desert is a very close second
I have lived around quite a bit including PA NJ AZ GA MD and a good deal of time in NC.
My folks had taken me to the beach when I was a little guy but never as a teenager.
What started a life long attachment to the beach and a desire to go back again and agian was: In 1976 me and 3 friends went to Frisco on the Outer Banks of NC. (including Bill who you met earlier in this thread in my ride report to the Divide). I walked out onto the beach, in the early hours of the morning, with a quart of beer in my hand and was completely blown away. A sublime moment that I have been trying to recapture every year since. I've never quite succeeded, but got damn close.

This trip that I'm documenting here was more somber. I was there to show my respects as we committed the ashes of my friends Mom to the sea in a special location. She was a second Mom to me. She loaned us her car to make the trip to Hatteras 37 years ago. RIP MOM

Almost 40 years, and me and those 3 guys are still family. The kind of Family you choose!! Love you guys.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 02:26 PM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote