View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
I don't see what all the fuss is about. This is a good 2 day ride or a relaxed 2 1/2 day ride or an easy 3 day ride, take your pick. As far as advice, I offer none because you have already recieve good and bad advice and I think you will figure out which was which on this ride! Good luck!

2300+ miles according to Google Maps, and that's likely the most direct route. It won't be a fun 2-3 day ride, regardless of how you cut it. Sure it can be done, but the OP really doesn't have time to stop and smell the roses.

I don't think anyone is trying to discourage him. Having done 1000+ mile days (under 24 hours), I can certainly say that they suck. Doing back to back 1000 mile days or back to back to back 800 mile days will really blow. Sometimes though it is a necessary evil. The OP seems to have the right attitude, and that alone is what will make the difference.

Good luck with your ride. Keep a positive attitude and you'll be fine.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote