View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
coach03860
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstperigee View Post
They run a bit small. Go a half size bigger than your cross trainers or tennis shoes.
Small AND a bit narrow...I had a pair for one season. They were a little tight at first so I hoped with a lot of riding and walking they would stretch out a bit to fit well. They did not even after many miles both on the bike and hiking on foot so I sold them at the end of the riding season. The next year I went to the Aerostich Combat Lites (also made by SIDI), and they fit perfect right out of the box in the exact same size as the Canyons were and have been very happy with these boots. (43) The Combats are just enough wider in the forefoot to fit the so called "American foot" (I wear a 9 1/2 EE shoe) The Canyons are a very well made boot however and if they did fit me I would have stayed with them as the Gore-Tex liner is a nice feature and not available in the Combats. Best to try before you buy or at least be sure they are exchangeable/returnable as that's a lot of coin to shell out for boots that don't fit and hurt.
And well over a dozen other bikes bought and sold that I lose track of...but my wife constantly reminds me of
coach03860 is offline   Reply With Quote