View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #254
backdrifter OP
Wannabe rider

Oddometer: 1,363
Thanks, Grayghost, and Happy Holidays to you and yours too!

I'm still waiting on new flywheel bolts to arrive. In the mean-time, I received some cheap headlight mounts that I ordered. For $15, I figured I'd give them a shot. I'd really like to go with the stock headlight mounts since they turned out so well (photo below), but I hate to cut them up to accommodate the billet top triple. On the other hand, there's probably no reason not to, as I don't plan to ever mount the stock top triple clamp again. What do you guys think? Here's the stockers, painted and gorgeous:

And a few photos with the cheapos on. I don't like the way they look as much, but I do like where they hold the headlight (quite a bit lower and a it closer to the bars than the stock ones did):

Sorry some of the pictures are blurry - it was getting dark and I didn't have a fast lens on the camera.

The headlight sits lower enough that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see the gauges over the bars, but I gave it the old sit test and I coudl read it all. Adding the seat will mean I sit even higher and should be able to see them no problem. I like the way the lower edge of the gauge bezel fits snuggly against the top triple clamp. What do you guys think?

1973 BMW R60/5:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608166
backdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote