Tentative plan for now...
- Leave on/around May 20th.
- Denver --> Nogales (approx 900 miles)
- Nogales down the coast --> Sayulita (approx 971 miles)
- Sayulita down the coast to Aquila and then inland --> Morelia (approx 528 miles)
- Morelia through Oaxaca --> San Cristobal De Las Casas (approx 816 miles)
- Possible add'l stops in Puerto Escondido and to see Canyon Sumidero in the last leg
*NOTE* - "legs" aren't non-stop. There will be stops in between (obviously)
- Must be in Panama on 13th to load Stahlratte for trip (June 14th - June 17th)
- Return from Cartagena to Panama aboard the Stahlratte either August 2nd (preferred) or August 30th
Things to see in S.A. (trip/route through Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia not planned yet)...
- Colombia: Santuario Virgen de las Lajas
- Ecuador: Montanita (beach town)
- Peru: Lima & Machu Picchu
- Bolivia: La Paz, Yungas Road & Salt Flats
Thoughts??? Mexico route? What are must see sights in remaining countries in Central America and the countries listed in South America?
Any add'l feedback appreciated --