View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
I can tell. It's been a long time since I've been--the last time I was about 35 years younger, and we were sailing Hobie cats from San Felipe to as far south as we could make in 4 days. Not that far as it turned out, but that's another story.

Cool. That's all I was looking for. I'm not worried about being "safe"--otherwise I wouldn't be riding two wheels--but just wasn't sure about whether a disc lock and a padlock would be smart or a waste of space. When we're camping we're not planning on going anywhere else. At any rate, it sounds like the kinds of things I'd normally do here in the US.
It's pretty much the same as 35 years ago in San Flippy, except the Clam Man has been dead for years, there's a new Marina, and all of the good camping spots south of town along the cliffs are all built up with Hotels and houses. You can easily get from San Flippy to Gonzaga in a couple of hours. 35 years ago it took all day just to get to Puertocitos, and going south of there was a four wheel drive adventure. Just do as you would have "back in the day" it's still magic down there.