View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #148
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBuck View Post
Cooked up some Pinto (What they call rice and beans) and eggs and coffee for me. One thing about the coffee growing countries is that they make and drink really good coffee. Hmmmm.

It's called "Gallo Pinto." They served it to you wrong. You are supposed have an over-easy egg on top of the rice & beans. Then you break the yoke and mix it all up.

It's gross. We used to eat that stuff 3 times a day, forever. My dad hated our cuisine because we don't have any. Standard Costa Rican cuisine is to throw an egg on top of anything.

Quote:
Decided to knock off early in Cartago and went all out and spent $80 on a room at the Hotel El Guarco.

LMAO! Now you are in my old neighborhood. So Cartago has a hotel now? And of all the names to give it they call it El Guarco? This is hilarious. We lived in Cartago in El Tejar del Guarco right up from the El Quijongo restaurant. Not a nice neighborhood. Even worse now as I hear it's full of Nicas.

You got some great shots of our topography and vegetation. I love that about the place. Cartago, you are in fog city. It has a microclimate there all of it's own. If you get a chance ride up to Irazu. On a clear day you can see both the Pacific and the Atlantic. If it's cloudy and you make the ride anyways, you will freak when you get above the cloud line.

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote