View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
BanhXeo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Redog1 had told me about this loop and that it was right up my alley. 80% dirt 20% pavement, lots of sights to see and nothing to do with work..It was exactly what I was looking for. We met up at Scambles for some breakfast then hit the road. Our trip was poised to take us up Cohasset Rd. on to Ponderosa way to the Lassen Trail and into Ishi Wilderness area. For those of you who are from around here, you more than likely know the story of Ishi, "The Last Wild Indian", for those who don't, we stopped along the way to take in some history of the foothills of northern California and will share them with you here.

View Larger Map

Our First stop on our trip was the Helipad above Cohasset, great open lookout area with Mount Lassen rising up behind the foothills. Lassen is the southern most Volcano in the Cascade range and last erupted less than 100 years ago with that eruption being the largest in the lower 48 states until Mt. St. Helens in 1980.

[IMG][/IMG]

Our Mechanical Ungulates for the day:

[IMG][/IMG]

This was a signboard further up the trail, but it gives you an idea of the creeks we will be coming across on our way. We are moving up one ridge and down the other side with a creek being in the bottom of each.
[IMG][/IMG]

First sign of running water for the day:

[IMG][/IMG]

As we pulled away from this peaceful tributary, I hear Brien say, "Next stop, the Pinnacles!"..Immediately my mind starts to race as to what part of the trail I had overlooked..Pinnacles? as in the Apex? This ride is just starting though.. Google puts the definition of a pinnacle as "A high pointed piece of rock."..Google... is right..

[IMG][/IMG]

These things were bitchin'...

When everything else around them had been eroded away or moved by glaciers, these stood strong.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188

BanhXeo screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 12:09 AM
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote