View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #28
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
"Bigdog54" - I've got a 2001 XR400. With the extra width, do you find people tearing the cover when they drop the bike. I know it can happen at any moment but it looks like the extra width would make it more "prone" to damage?
Go for it - the seat is wider yes but I dont think mine is really any more vulnerable than it was at stock width. Maybe it could snagg something a little easier but turst me the added comfort is worth any additional risk. The seat is well made and the cover seems everybit as rugged as the stock maybe tougher! I had Fisher make mine from scratch (not modify stock) worth the price and looks great! I have dropped mine a coule times in woods and rocks and no dammage yet.

Fisher did a seat for my XR400, 10" wide, no more monkey butt for me. I am very happy with mine.
Now I can do 200+ mile days one after another (and enjoy them!).

Actually I'm so happy with it I am about to send them the seat off my DualSport CX500 (which is using a 1980 RM125 seat on it) and it is too soft and too narrow for those long days riding.

What do you think Joe (rotaxhippie) or Nate? I need it about 10" wide and a lot firmer! Can you take on that CX500 seat project?

EnduroRdr screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 11:45 AM
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote