View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #6967
ZS6AF
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Laugh Oil Change

Went on the usual ride to Mozambique last week after some HEAVY rain (150km ). Hit a big puddle and came down, engine cutout switch works , Looked back , Blimey KTM 525 EXC is doing the Yellow Submarine thing . Had to fish it out . pushed it out and about 1 hour later got it started but by then the misses was there with the pickup. And full of jokes .

Anyway checked the oil to find some water got inside ! Crap how on earth , the air filter was sopping wet. Somehow i was very lucky not to get a hydrolock , the water could only get into oil via carburetor.

Changed the oil and filters , it was not black but a grey color, , even washed the inside with a liter of petrol , and left it for the day to dry out , slowly pushing on the kick starter to turn engine a bit to get all the oily water out.

Filled her up and it seems there is still some water left in the system as the oil level inspection window is covered with what looks likes a thin film of water drops . Looks white and can't see through it. Is that moisture condensing there

Damm what now ? Must i do it all over or not ? how about i leave the oil filter cap of and ask the water to kindly leave ?? Or can i just go for a long ride and it will get out of the system?

ZS6AF screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 12:16 PM
ZS6AF is offline   Reply With Quote