View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #30
chabon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDWPUNK View Post
Can't wait to follow along with your RR. (By the way I am totally enamorado with Julieta Vinegas). You guys are riding all of the bikes I am considering buying (the DR, DRZ and the WRR). I would appreciate it if you could briefly provide your observations about the relative strengths and weaknesses of each of these bikes on a ride like this. ie. How did the DR do on sand and off road? Can the DRZ keep up with the bigger bikes on the slab? Was the WRR underpowered? Does the 6 speed gear box on the WRR allow it to keep up with the 650s on the slab? Overall, which bike was the best for a baja ride like the one you took? I don't want to start a debate or anything, but I would benefit from your perspectives. I'll now lurk on in silence. Thanks!
I have a Bmw F650 classic and got the Wr250 after a trip to Copper Canyon. Love the lighter weight and responsiveness of the WR. The 650 would have been fine on this trip, but the WR was just more fun. Its drawback would be highway travel over 65 or 70 mph (13/47 gearing). But we generally moved at 60-65 mph. The 650 is better on southern Calif freeways.
Chabón - F650 Funduro - WR250X
chabon is offline   Reply With Quote