View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
pingvin OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Maybe didn't point out that winter riding for me is on enduro bike on snow covered roads...but guess pic tells this anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Good advice, Pingvin! I am itching for set of studded tires at the moment What are you using? As I live in Bergen I need to ride a lot of greasy roads to get to the white stuff. I guess 7mm studs are out?
Well...a few kilometers is ok. Not enjoyable but manageable. Or throw it on a trailer and go where there's snow.

You could of course go for street legal studs but the grip is nowhere close to enduro studs. Go for Trelleborg/Mitas, expensive and a pain to install (which is why I leave it to the experts), but last longer so in the long run it's good business.

Lots of new snow here in Kongsberg...will be out and ride tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euromad View Post
I also use handlebar mitts ie. Hippo hands over the bark busters. This allows use of riding gloves while keeping your hands warm. I find the padded gloves make me sweat too much unless I'm just riding fast with little effort.
Have tried hippo hands and didn't bother me as much as I thought...might give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la's View Post
As far as junk getting on the outside of my face shield misting, I pull a cheap microfiber (cleaning mitten) from the dollar store over one of my motorcycle gloves and intermittently wipe the face shield. This is not what you were referring to but it has been a great addition to the stuff flying in face riding for me.
Is a pain having to stop to clear outside, maybe I'll try something like that. Misting on inside is worst at low speed but misting on outside becomes a problem at higher speeds.
1981 Husqvarna 420 AE
pingvin is offline   Reply With Quote