View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #15420
liferider
Never It's enough

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
here is my new toy, a '12 990R. bought it new a few weeks ago. have put over 500 on it so far with about 120 being in the dirt.

picking it up at the dealer...

so far i have added crash bars, cases and carriers, BDC side-stand relocator, and the OEM plastic tank covers.

so far i'm tickled pink. only issue i have found is that at high speeds, on wash boardy, graded roads, she get's a pretty nasty head shake. i've never used a damper before but i think i might with this bike. it's a little un-nerving to have that much mass, moving at that speed, and try to get away from you...

laramie
Great upgrade, Laramie "LC8", congrats!

We were Inmates in both 640 threads, we are inmates here now, we changed to 990 almost at the same time (you are 5 model years ahead though...!).

I'm also trying to get used to this new to me beast, the weights and behaviour are very different from our mighty 640. I still couldn't ride her much as I would like, can't wait to ride her offroad and get to know each other... sure we'll have situations and discussions but hope she can be patient and compassionate with me, that will make us a good couple...

Cheers!

liferider is offline   Reply With Quote