View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #62
jrzyguy OP
Restless

Oddometer: 419
Heading to Copper Canyon

We stayed at the only motel in Topolombompo, and it didn't disappoint! We got an early start and headed north, taking a clockwise route around to Creel (which will take 2 days). This pic is of our roadside breakfast stop. Both of my companions can speak a little Spanish...we've learned to go with the "special of the day". And again, we had some kind of amazing soup.

This guy joined us for breakfast. He is definitely in charge!

Our chef has a very simple kitchen, but turns out some great food!

The road we're traveling is unexciting...it's straight and the scenery is nothing I wish to take pictures of. So, I think it's time for me to fess up and share some truth with those readers that have never been to Mexico. And the truth is, my pictures don't give an accurate or balanced account of what a traveler sees. There are lots of shabby vehicles, homes, buildings, and infrastructure of all kinds. That said, I'm not likely to share pictures of the "worn side" of things. So there you have it...full disclosure!

Now that we got that out of the way, let's look at and talk about some more amazing food!

Here we are at another roadside stand for lunch. FYI, any normal foreign traveler concerned with his or her health should be frightened to death to eat anything served at this establishment. But not us, we just don't know any better. And so what we had for a starter course was some of the best fish chowder the three of us have ever had...huge chunks of things that swim. Then the fish tacos arrived...check them out...they are every bit as fresh and delicious as they look. Another 5 star meal! OK, lunch is over...it's time to waddle back to the bikes...we need to make some miles this afternoon.

jrzyguy screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 02:44 PM
jrzyguy is offline   Reply With Quote