View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
catfish OP
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
Dirtbike loop in Landers area close to same as dualsport loop but shorter no Ptown. Dualsport always provides more options, but I like riding my 300 2stroke too. Pioneertown is not a must do destination for me. It is a very hip place though. Very quiet on weekdays but lots of folks on a nice winter weekend day if the wind isn;t howling. Harley bikers, offroaders, ADV riders,musicians, hippie chicks, cowboys, tourists. You guys need to check it out.

You guys could dualsport to Joshua Tree NP if you had a mind to. Spectacular scenery, dirt roads only once off pavement. No trails. Very easy dualsporting, big bikes ok. There is a park entry fee. As an added bonus, the smell of good weed and pachouli oil in the campgrounds!

Thanks for the great info Glenn. I want to ride your DS Ptown loop on Friday, the 28th. Let me know if that works for you, as others are asking me about rides & schedules.

I've been through Joshua Tree NP a couple of times before, so its not new for me. Definitely more of an easy big-bike ride. I suspect those smells will be in JV CGs also.

Here is a tentative ride schedule for the beginning of the trip;

Thursday, 27th - Ride east end of JV and explore singletrack into the mountains. Probably 2 short loops that day, north & east of Means Lake.

Friday, 28th - Landers2Ptown DS loop chasing Mojave Mutt?

Saturday, 29th - North & west across JV exploring singletrack along/across mtns. Maybe to Slash-X Cafe & back. Could be long day with gas stop at I-15 sw of barstow.

Sunday, 30th - DS Ride chasing Razr south of JV.

More as we figure out what else to go ride. I'm still evaluating many jv & area tracks on GE looking for singletrack to string together & explore. Any other ride recommendations out there, or just general areas where exploring might be productive? If YOU are planning to join in on the fun, let us know which days you plan to ride.

10 more days before the madness begins!

Catfish ...
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote