View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #186
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland (I hate DC traffic)
Oddometer: 801
I had an epoxy SNAFU on the original piece, I was making some spacers and had some residual epoxy left over and was just going to fill some cosmetic issues on it and for some reason the epoxy wouldn't cure completely. I figure since it was the bottom of the cup I hadn't stirred it enough. Anyways because I am frugal I spent 3 hrs sanding and stripping with acetone to get the uncured epoxy off the piece which was in random locations as some of it cured properly. Anyways after that I decided to apply some 3M rubber undercoat spray to this piece. This one will be my test platform for longevity. I will make a spare in case this doesn't hold up with the new modifications but I believe this one will get quite a bit of mileage, the new ones will be a lot better as I learned some things in the process of making this one.

Photobucket
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote