View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #66
jrzyguy OP
Restless

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobukan View Post
Great stuff jrzyguy !!!

Can you give us a little more info on the route you're taking to Creel? And, were you able to get ferry tickets same day or did you have to book in advance?

Thanks!
We had ridden out to the ferry in Pichilinque, about 20 minutes north of La Paz, to get the skinny on tickets and the ferry schedule several days before leaving. And it was different from the info in my Lonely Planet...glad we checked. We were told to arrive 2 hours before the scheduled departure to purchase our tickets. They did have a bank at the ferry terminal, so a temporary vehicle permit could be picked up there in a pinch. Everything worked out as we were previously told.

Our intended route to Creel, and down into the Canyon, was to be clockwise from Topolobompo...north on 15 D to Ciudad Obregon, northeast on 12 (my map shows 12, but the road number is actually different) to San Nicolas where it connects with 16, east on 16 to 23 (signs to San Juanito & Creel) which is a right turn, and south from San Juanito to Creel. From Botopilas our plan was to ride the dirt out to Choix/El Fuerte. My next post will explain what happened. I hope this info is helpful...best of luck.

jrzyguy screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 05:23 PM
jrzyguy is offline   Reply With Quote