View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #511
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
As a very happy customer with the Baja Designs SII LED Combo Lights wired up I thought I'd give them a shot out here.

Ridiculously bright, the two make the same output as a BD Squadron with Combo lenses + I have my HID conversion lamp. Being a pretty focused/flat beam, the HID does seem have a bit of an advantage in getting more lumens downrange when tipped up, the LED's with combo lenses fill in the rest perfectly.
I will probably black out the top of my fender to reduce the glare off the white plastic that is more obvious when standing, that reflection was there before from the HID, but with the LED's it's a necessity while riding trails at night. Black Gaffers tape should do the trick.
I mounted mine on the stock turn signal mount and have since went to HDB LED integrated signals, now that I'm running BD's there's no looking back!

Here's a few comparison photos shot full manual with my camera to control the exposure, what you see is what it is.

The closest thing I have to the stock Husaberg headlight, a stock headlight on a CRF250L which might be a tad bit brighter than the OEM Husa/KTM headlight, but not much if I remember correctly, low beam.

CFR250L high beam

My Husaberg's 55w HID headlight only.

Both Baja Designs SII LED Combo Lights only

HID and Baja Design lights

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the night photos with all the guys. Do you mind if we use the pictures on our facebook page?

Thanks
Mike
BD
760 560 2252 ext 126 and/or ext.123
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote