View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #540
JaxObsessed OP
Rhonda be strong.

Oddometer: 15,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by macorell24 View Post
Sweet pics Jax! What sort of point-n-shoot are you using?
Here you go Sir.
Copied from the first post:
I've had a number of inquires about my gear, bike, cameras, gps farkles etc... so I'm going to update this first post with all that stuff. I'll be finished editing in a few days.

Cameras:
Over the years i have had a mess of cameras, and I am tough on cameras.... They often commit suicide rather than be abused by me ever again.
I have used several Canon slrs and pas(point and shoot) cameras. Currently I use a Canon (sx230hs) pas. It has been a good camera and lasted longer than any other Canon pas, although there are times when it fails completely to take pictures. It has a problem with the plastic lens door opening all the way, and it no longer will zoom, which SUX because the 14X optical zoom was a selling point.
I also have a Nikon coolpix s3100 pas that has outlasted ANY pas camera that I have owned. I've had that for 18 months!!!! It doesn't function properly either... I broke the LCD a few days after i got it so I can't change the settings or preview a shot...... I am lucky as shizzle that the setting it was on when I busted the lcd is a good sorta universal auto setting. For the CDR ride I took JaxWifes S3100 which functions perfectly (because she is not tough on stuff) .
I use her Nikon D40x when i get a chance, it's a wonderful camera, but I'm afraid I would ruin an slr within 30 seconds of owning one.
Cameras past, mostly Canon pas, but I've had a few others. Olympus, Kodak, Sony ... all dead or living with a nice person who found them after they fell off my bike (never to be found by me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post

his pics are great... makes me almost consider carrying a dslr on the bike
He (DesertDave) not only uses a nice camera/lens, he knows how to use it and process the images later. ALL my photos to date are on one automatic setting or another. I have put my camera on manual by mistake a coupla times, taking photos that I would never be able to recreate!!! It's not easy being mediocre!!! LOL

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 12-18-2012 at 08:46 AM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote